3D Printing is an additive manufacturing process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file. In 3D Printing, the 3D objects are quickly made on a compact machine connected to a computer containing blueprints for the object.
Traditional manufacturing - also called subtractive manufacturing - we carve out the required shape from larger blocks of materials. This results in material waste and limitations on complexity of design. In Additive manufacturing, an object is built layer by layer - by placing successive layers of materials with computercontrol until the entire object is created.
ITI or Draughtsman, Diploma or BE/BTECH from any Engineering/Architecture/Interior Design Branch.
Why 3D Printing?
- 3D Printing is revolutionizing the manufacturing process and changing the way our world works. It brings three game changing benefits:
- Produce parts closer to the consumer
- Produce parts just when required
- Produce parts in small quantity.
Applications of 3D Printing:
- Aerospace and Defence
- Art / Design / Sculpture
- Medical and Dental
- Fashion Accessories
- Hearing Aids
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Allows mass customisation - The ability to personalize products according to individual needs and requirements. Even within the same build chamber. 3D Printing allows you to make different products at the same time according to specific end-user requirements at no additional process cost!
- Low investment - The investment for 3D Print manufacturing process is far lower than the traditional processes. And they require much lesser space!
- Zero inventory - 3D Prints can be made at short notice, the need to stock is fully eliminated leading to savings in inventory costs.
- Savings in logistics - Printing closer to the customer means no costs for shipping and logistics
- Energy-efficient - 3D Printing technologies provide environmental efficiencies for the manufacturing process itself. They create less waste.
- A traditional factory will have 100 people running 10 machines. A 3D Printing Factory will have 10 people running 50 to 100 3D Printers. That’s a big shift!
Who can learn?
- MILESTONE’s Course on SD Printing is for anyone interested in bringing their ideas to reality. Design professionals from large, medium and small companies, engineers and other professionals yearning to learn futuristic product design and manufacturing will immensely benefit from the course.
- If you are already employed, the MILESTONE Course on 3D Printing will take you to the next level in your career. If you are a student, this course will take you to the top of the list in placements. Why wait?